Thursday, March 20, 2008

Taking care of baby Eugenia by "poking" her with needles!



7th Jan 2008 (Monday)

I had my 2nd dose for Hepatitis B today. Daddy and Mummy went to the children clinic “Kidslink” in Seng Kang as recommended by my Mummy’s friend. Daddy loves the place as it has a clean, spacious and cheery environment which is filled with colourful posters and lots of toys to entertain kids and most of all, he feels very comfortable. Dr Vanessa is my pediatrician. She is a very friendly person and gave very informative details to my parents. My parents enjoyed the session with her. She enlightened my parents of the different jabs and talked about how sinus can be passed down genetically. She even helped me to remove a piece of nose dirt from my blocked nose! I only let out a short wail when she gave me the injection… bearable, not as painful as I thought… “Children are sometimes an Enigma, oftentimes a source of laughter and joy but always a reason to love and to care”~ taken from the Kidslink website. My parents love these statements and they truly agree “Children are always a reason to love and to care”. Thank you Mummy and Daddy for loving Gigi!

Taking care of baby tip: 3 shots of Hep B vaccine given over the 1st 6 months can protect me ( a baby ) for life (more than 95% effective) against HBV which will reduce the risk of liver cancer and liver damage in the future. The Hep B vaccine is so effective in preventing liver cancer that it is known as the 1st anti-cancer vaccine.

And oh, if your mummy is a Hep B carrier just like my mummy, the 1st dose of Hep B vaccine taken at birth must be accompanied by Hep B immunoglobulin shot!

No comments: