Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hmm...what is "dua tao"???


15th Dec 2007 ( Saturday )

Poo: 1 time Feed: 460 ml

Today, Daddy, Mummy, Auntie Aimei and I went to see my pediatrician at the hospital. I put on pretty clothes. It was my first outing! Yippee! Mummy was very happy too…

We headed to the clinic and I was placed on the weighing machine. Guess my weight? I was 4.1 kg then! Thereafter, I needed to check my jaundice condition and had to do a blood test. My parents accompanied me to the room. There, we heard the cries of my fellowmates ( baby cries )… The nurse who attended to me pierced my sole and tried to press the blood out which was collected in a very thin plastic tubing…I was quite brave and did not wailed… But after much pressing from the nurse, I felt the pain and started crying. The nurse told my parents that my blood did not flow well... however my daddy told my mummy that there was lots of blood but the nurse did not collect the blood. She wanted to fill up the 1st tubing and then the 2nd one. However the 1st tubing was clot, my daddy said that the nurse should have used a new tubing to collect the excess blood that was flowing from the pierced skin… The nurse finally stopped as my daddy was very angry (he was staring at the nurse and commented why it took so long, that’s my daddy! Feeling the pain for her girl girl), and she said that she would make do with one tube of blood instead of two… thereafter, I finally quieten down.

Results of the blood test: I have no jaundice… yeah!

The pediatrician saw me and gave my mummy’s some advice: the number of injections that I should go for, the increase in milk feed, use a different cream for the infection on my face and body, change my nappy rash cream, reasons for hiccups- too much milk or drink too fast etc. I took a picture with him too! ;0)

Thereafter, my parents sent Auntie Aimei and me back home first because Mummy needed to see Dr Esther for her wound.

Daddy and Mummy bought a HUGE piglet for me! It is bigger than me! They bought it from Kallang Shopping Mall . My parents went for a short walk and had a mini date there… hee.. so lovely hor…

My mummy’s sisters ( Auntie Serene and Auntie Lena ) and Uncle Martin came and visited me today. Auntie Lena saw me and commented I have a big head ( dua tao) ! Next time, I will be very clever.. hee hee .. oh, they love my dimples!

No comments: